Time & Location
Sep 22, 2023, 4:00 PM – Sep 24, 2023, 5:00 PM
Janesville YMCA, 221 Dodge St, Janesville, WI 53548, USA
About the event
Provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over.
- Minimum age: 15 years on or before the last day of class. (Proof of age will be required).
- Swim 100 yards continuously using front crawl and or breast stroke.
- Tread water for 2 minutes without the use of your hands.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute 40 seconds by starting in the water swimming 20 yards surface dive to 5-7 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface and swim 20 yards on your back to return to the starting point, then exit the water without using steps or a ladder.
- Complete the online blended learning content before the first day of class.
Participants who successfully complete the Shallow Water Lifeguard course will receive an American Red Cross certificate for Shallow Water Lifeguarding with CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and First Aid valid for 2 years.
Shallow Water Lifeguarding$250.00+$6.25 service feeSale ended